A common place for Valiants to rust is in the chassis rails. This is due to the internal structural gussets, which were a notorious rust trap. For leaves, dirt, debris and water. To get caught in and cause major structural rust.
Our chassis rail repair sleeves are designed to push into place with the steering box removed and K frame dropped down. Then to be welded along the top of the sleeve from front to rear on both sides of the sleeve. Manufactured from 3mm steel which is more than double the thickness of an original factory Valiant chassis rail. For added strength even if a large portion of the rail is rusted.
Please note the long term effectiveness of the chassis rail repair sleeve comes down to the installer of the sleeve.
- If you wish to use this sleeve as a "band aid fix" and put it straight on it will do the job, for a short term fix.
- We do recommend the long term option and that the rust in the chassis rail to be completely cut out and chassis rail to be treated from the inside before fitting the sleeve. The sleeve should also be treated/coated internally before fitting the sleeve.
- Additional drain holes may be added to the sleeve so future cleaning of the chassis rail is possible.
- Finally sealing the upper section of the sleeve where the welds were performed with a polyurethane. Before final painting/coating of the the repaired rail.
- Suits VE-CM models with stock standard steering box configuration.
- Can be used as a starting point on earlier models but you will have to cut, scallop and modify the sleeve as it is not a direct fit like the later models.
- Coated in a industrial black zinc coating to stop surface rust while in storage.
- Sold in Drivers Side, Passenger Side or Matched Pair.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.