By the late 70's Chrysler Australia was well aware of the evident problem. That Hemi 6 engines would suffer from the camshaft walking forward also referred to as end-float . Prematurely wearing camshaft lobes, lifters, oil pump gears and stretching timing chains. Chrysler Australia released a repair bulletin in the 70's rectifying the problem by drilling a hole through the timing cover and fitting an adjustable threaded rod.
Various vendors have offered exchange timing covers over the years. With this modification and a core charge of the return of your original cover. This is a costly exercise including core charges only to receive the most agricultural looking modification with a hunk of threaded rod hanging out the front of your engine.
PlumKrazy Garage has the answer = Our Camshaft End-Float Retainer Thrust Button, which sits in the centre hole of the timing gear and stops cam from walking forward.
- Precision CNC machined for consistent accuracy
- CNC machined from Billet 304 grade stainless steel
- Suitable for all Hemi 6 engines 215 . 245 & 265.
- Designed specifically for use with a Rollmaster timing set
- Interference fit design, must be press fit into the timing set.
- We recommend the use of a retaining compound when fitting, for example Loctite 609 or even stronger 680 depending on your specific application
- No externally visual modifications, Perfect for a concourse restoration
- thrust button base diameter = 0.637" / 16.1798mm
**Please note due to the inconsistently of factory timing cover thicknesses the button may need to be filed down to suit your application. Please allow a .20thou tolerance between the button and the timing cover**
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.